Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Constant-current constant-voltage charging in lithium-ion model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to implement a constant-current constant-voltage charging strategy using the COMSOL standard lithium-ion battery model that comes with the chemical engineering module.

The idea is to apply a constant current to the cell until the voltage reaches some limit; after that point, apply constant voltage to the cell until cell current drops below some value. For the first segment of time, current is constrained and voltage is unconstrained. For the second segment of time, terminal voltage is constrained and current is unconstrained.

Does anyone know how to switch this boundary condition -- mid simulation -- to perform this operation?

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/02/23 15:03 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/02/26 23:18 GMT-5
this model maybe help you, if you have a valid license, you can get the pdf document how to use the model step by step.
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/686/
this model maybe help you, if you have a valid license, you can get the pdf document how to use the model step by step. http://www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/686/

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/02/23 15:03 GMT-5
Hello Gregory,

did you manage to find a solution for your problem. if yes, I would really appreciate if you could share it.

Thanks.

Hello Gregory, did you manage to find a solution for your problem. if yes, I would really appreciate if you could share it. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.