Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving inner boundary by defining prescribed displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

This may have an obvious answer but I am a bit new with Comsol so I am playing around with various interfaces, particulary the ale interface. I am trying to deform an inner boundary by prescribing the displacement. I attached an axisymmetric 2D plot of my model. I set the inner boundary to a 2mm z-displacement and 0 along the x-axis while all the other boundaries were fixed. I formed a union with my geometry so I am assuming that I do not need to explicitly define displacement for the adjacent boundaries since they will move in accordance with the moving boundary.

I am confused why the moving boundary resulted to a trapezoidal shape rather than a flat surface that moved 2mm up. Did I set up my BCs wrong?

Btw, the cylinder that contains the boundary I am interested in represents a conductive fluid and I am trying to deform it using Lorentz force. The line element is the coil (just in case someone wonders why I have this geometry). But I disabled the mf interface just to understand how the moving mesh interface works.

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 2013/05/15 17:56 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Diana David

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.