Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Recoil Pressure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to build a heat transfer model for pulsed laser ablation by using Comsol 4.1. My study is Time dependent. My laser I/p (energy density ) is in Gaussian.I have model ready for heat transfer with temperature vs time curve.

Now moving further to my model, I'm trying to implement some more constraints/variables. My surface temperature is more than vaporization temperature and hence it created the recoil pressure or vapor pressure on the surface.

Now my problem is to implement this recoil pressure constraint in the model. This recoil pressure is Temperature dependent (more vapor phase - more vapor pressure) and hence I am unable to incorporate in the model. i.e with time the temperature varies and hence varies the recoil pressure.

Until now I have used Heat transfer weak contribution and Point wise Constraint

Can you please help me.

Hitesh

3 Replies Last Post 2011/06/14 8:44 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hitesh Vora

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/03/15 23:31 GMT-4
Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing you are. You're probably going to have to couple the acoustics module to the heat transfer module. I have not done this yet but I plan to take the output temperature from the heat transfer and create a function from this temperature that outputs pressure. Then use that pressure as the input constraint in the acoustics model.

Like you I have succeeded in modeling the temperature change but now I am stuck trying to learn how to use the acoustics module to model the pressure waves using the input pressure and source.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Daniel
Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing you are. You're probably going to have to couple the acoustics module to the heat transfer module. I have not done this yet but I plan to take the output temperature from the heat transfer and create a function from this temperature that outputs pressure. Then use that pressure as the input constraint in the acoustics model. Like you I have succeeded in modeling the temperature change but now I am stuck trying to learn how to use the acoustics module to model the pressure waves using the input pressure and source. Let me know how it goes. Thanks, Daniel

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/14 8:44 GMT-4
Hi, I am trying to do something similiar. Time dependend heating of a gas with laser. Has anyone a clue?
Hi, I am trying to do something similiar. Time dependend heating of a gas with laser. Has anyone a clue?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/14 8:44 GMT-4

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.