Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Water Table doesn't move after raining.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am doing 2D modeling for the effect of contaminant infiltrating from the surface and then spreading over an around 30-m wide and 6-m depth area in a few years using COMSOL 4.0a, Earth Science Module. In my model there are 3 layers of soil and the bottom layer is a rock. So far I've coupled Richard's equation and Solute Transport equation in my model. However I got a problem; the modeling result shows that my groundwater table only fluctuates in the first 2 or 3 rainfalls; afterthat although there are significant rainfalls, the water table remains the same.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Charles

1 Reply Last Post 2011/04/16 12:03 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/04/16 12:03 GMT-4
Can anyone help me? I've still got stuck and can't proceed further with my model :(
Can anyone help me? I've still got stuck and can't proceed further with my model :(

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.