Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

number of decimals displayed in the GUI

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am wondering if someone can tell me how to adjust the number of decimals displayed in the COMSOL GUI. In the attached picture, I am seeing 0,0.01,0.01,0.02 and I am guessing that it should really be 0,0.1,0.015,0.02.

Thanks,
sirisha

4 Replies Last Post 2011/10/20 11:39 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/02 1:20 GMT-4
Hi

have you checked all fields in the preferences ?

for "Tables" you have also a "full precision" toggle button on the Table GUI border

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked all fields in the preferences ? for "Tables" you have also a "full precision" toggle button on the Table GUI border -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/02 11:33 GMT-4
Yes, all the fields in the preferences are checked. Also, from what I observed, the input display precision effects only the values in the input fields (eg: parameters) but I still can't change the precision of the numbers displayed in the GUI.

Thanks,
Sirisha
Yes, all the fields in the preferences are checked. Also, from what I observed, the input display precision effects only the values in the input fields (eg: parameters) but I still can't change the precision of the numbers displayed in the GUI. Thanks, Sirisha

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/02 19:02 GMT-4
Any more ideas? I need to get this thing to work.

I am waiting for an upgrade to version 4.2 but I greatly appreciate it, if someone can test this and let me know what happens in version 4.2. Does this precision display problem still exist?

Thanks,
Sirisha
Any more ideas? I need to get this thing to work. I am waiting for an upgrade to version 4.2 but I greatly appreciate it, if someone can test this and let me know what happens in version 4.2. Does this precision display problem still exist? Thanks, Sirisha

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/10/20 11:39 GMT-4
That was a bug in version 4.1 and it is fixed in version 4.2
That was a bug in version 4.1 and it is fixed in version 4.2

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.