Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mixture of materials in porous medium

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo

I am trying to make some models concerning dissolution from an porous medium to an other, to be more specifically from a patch to human flash.
My problem is that I can not find a way to define in same domain two different substance (for exampe: a drug in a patch in some concentration in same domain, or a sponge mixed with oil in same domain).

Thanks you in advance for any ideas.

Bogdan

2 Replies Last Post 2011/06/29 3:20 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/29 2:17 GMT-4
Hi

I'm not sure I fully understand your issue, but by default COMSOl proposes one concetration, when you define your model you must state how many components you have to get "n" concetrations defined in the physics. (you can also add more in the main physics node.

Could that be your issue ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I fully understand your issue, but by default COMSOl proposes one concetration, when you define your model you must state how many components you have to get "n" concetrations defined in the physics. (you can also add more in the main physics node. Could that be your issue ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/06/29 3:20 GMT-4
Hallo

In the first place I want to thank you for your answer.
I am not sure that I understand correctly, but COMSOL consider that in a porous medium, the gaps (bubbles) are filed with air? In my model I need the gaps to be filled with some substance, oil for exemple.

Thank you!

Bogdan
Hallo In the first place I want to thank you for your answer. I am not sure that I understand correctly, but COMSOL consider that in a porous medium, the gaps (bubbles) are filed with air? In my model I need the gaps to be filled with some substance, oil for exemple. Thank you! Bogdan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.