Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quick question whether COMSOL is the program to solve this problem or MATLAB?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Using COMSOL 4.0a, beginner.

I have micro kinetic modeling of NO an O2 oxidizing on Pt in a dynamic PFR.
So I'm considering the surface reaction , ie O on Pt , NO on Pt , and Pt sites

Ignoring Pressure drop and temperature.

Six equation that look like this

U1t + c*U1x = -c1*U1*U6 + c2*U3 - c5*U3*U4

U2t + c*U2x = -c3*U2*U6^2 + c4*U4^2

and they keep going like that with the right hand side changing into a variety of nonlinear combinations of the U's

U ~ dependent variables
c ~ constants
Ut ~ partial to time
Ux ~ partial to one direction in x

Basically i dont know what form to fit the right hand sides of my equation into, I tried into f the source term but I'm not sure its right.

Thanks in advance
Scott

0 Replies Last Post 2011/07/19 18:31 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Scott Coleman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.