Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microfluid (Mixer)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I already did a mixing simulation of using "Transport of Diluted Species" and "Laminar Flow Simulations".

I applied "pressure" to inject chemicals into the mixing chamber.

My question is if I can make water be inside of chamber before I mix it. Through outlet the water which was originally inside can go out as the chemicals to be mixed are injected.

Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 2011/12/16 15:24 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/12/15 15:19 GMT-5
Hi

I believe that is depending on how you define your initial concentration condition (if =0 at start then all is water) and how you handle the concetration on the inlet border

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe that is depending on how you define your initial concentration condition (if =0 at start then all is water) and how you handle the concetration on the inlet border -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/12/15 16:49 GMT-5
Ivar,

Thanks as usual. Then I already start with water since I put 0 in the initial condition.

If I want to see how fast the mixing goes as a function of time, what I'm supposed to do?

For example If I want to make a real time mixing movie.

Thanks.

Ivar, Thanks as usual. Then I already start with water since I put 0 in the initial condition. If I want to see how fast the mixing goes as a function of time, what I'm supposed to do? For example If I want to make a real time mixing movie. Thanks.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/12/16 15:24 GMT-5
Hi

from what I understand of your desire, you want to simulate fluid flow and fluid dissusion (probybly dilluted species) well firstof all ths is notreally "my domain", But anyhow I would try first to get a reasonnable model for each separate, flow on one side and diffusion of the specie(s) on the other side, then ty to mix them, all by verifying each case to be sure you master them correctly nad that they behave as expected

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from what I understand of your desire, you want to simulate fluid flow and fluid dissusion (probybly dilluted species) well firstof all ths is notreally "my domain", But anyhow I would try first to get a reasonnable model for each separate, flow on one side and diffusion of the specie(s) on the other side, then ty to mix them, all by verifying each case to be sure you master them correctly nad that they behave as expected -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.