Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do i get radiation patterns that are concentric from a point source at increasing radii?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I've just started working on the acoustic domain.
I'm stuck at a simple and elementary problem.

The model has a point source at the center with spherical wave radiation as a boundary condition.
I'm checking the polar plots for the sound levels at different distances from the point source.
Expected results would have concentric pressure level polar plots at different radii.

The model does not show that. I've attached the model in this post.
I'm quite confused and lost at this moment.
Am i missing a boundary condition or is my post processing at fault.

Any kind of response will be of great help.

Regards
Glenston

0 Replies Last Post 2011/12/16 4:48 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Glenston Miranda

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.