Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solver Error: Differential-algebraic equation encountered. Use Singular mass matrix = Yes..

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

My COMSOL version is 4.2. I am working on a model which simulates injection of one gas (Species 1) at one corner of a rectangular reservoir and production of another gas (Species 2) from the same reservoir but diagonally opposite end. Reservoir consists two medium i.e. Matrix(more permeable) and fracture (less permeable). Matrix adsorbs both gases while fractures are non-adsorbing.

I am using equations from Species Transport in Porous Media in COMSOL (chpm) and four such equations have been used to define the flow of two gases in two medium, as described in the systems. These modules require velocity fields which have been defined by Darcy Flow module in COMSOL. I used four darcy flow equation to support velocity field for four chpm equations.

Now when I run the model I get an error "Differential-algebraic equation encountered. Use Singular mass matrix = Yes.. ". I have made changes to my Boundary conditions and Initial conditions many times, just to avoid any zero determinant matrix if happening with my specified conditions. Does any one has encountered same problem?

I would really appreciate your views in this regards. I can attach my file if needed.

-Thanks and Regards,

0 Replies Last Post 2011/12/28 20:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hemant Kumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.