Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running COMSOL on Two Processors Worksation

Krishnamoorthy Pitchai

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am planning to buy a two processors workstation ( each processors will have 6 cores). I have understood that COMSOL will be able to run an all the cores by default. But, my question here is that will the COMSOL be able to run on two different physical processors simultaneously or do I need to do the way as like cluster on combining those two processors. If you need to hear more information, I will be happy to answer.

Here below is my system information which I will be considering in buying.

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit (Not supported with RAM 1GB.)
Intel® Xeon® X5675 3.06 12MB/1333 6C CPU-1 (LOWPWR)
Intel® Xeon® X5675 3.06 12MB/1333 6C CPU-2 (LOWPWR)(Must be same speed as Processor 1.)
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2.0GB Graphics
NVIDIA SLI Graphics connector (Supported only with Dual Quadro 5000 or Dual Quadro 6000.)
HP 64GB (8x8GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Reg RAM - FULLMEM (Supported only with Dual Processor)

Thanks,
Krish

2 Replies Last Post 2012/01/04 11:00 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/01/04 0:54 GMT-5
Hi

if both CPU are on the same motherboard I assume it's working, I have a double CPU on mine and I'm running on all 12/24 cores with a single user licence.
But for details the best is to check with your local rep

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if both CPU are on the same motherboard I assume it's working, I have a double CPU on mine and I'm running on all 12/24 cores with a single user licence. But for details the best is to check with your local rep -- Good luck Ivar

Krishnamoorthy Pitchai

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/01/04 11:00 GMT-5
Hello Ivar,

Thank you very much for your reply. Your comments are promising that I can use two CPUs at the workstation which will enable to run COMSOL all the cores.

Thanks,
Krish
Hello Ivar, Thank you very much for your reply. Your comments are promising that I can use two CPUs at the workstation which will enable to run COMSOL all the cores. Thanks, Krish

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.