Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Average velocity value in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I need the average velocity field value for a chosen line, not in boundaries.
Is it possible in Comsol (3.5)?
Many thanks

4 Replies Last Post 2012/06/24 2:14 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/05 7:06 GMT-4
Hi

use the definition of an average: integration of your argument over the boundary (area or line) and then divide by the integration of 1 over the same area or line

in v4 its aveop1(T) = intop1(T) / intop1(1)

with the default assumption in COMSOL of implicit *dx*dy*dz for the integrations (or just *dx*dy for surface etc)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi use the definition of an average: integration of your argument over the boundary (area or line) and then divide by the integration of 1 over the same area or line in v4 its aveop1(T) = intop1(T) / intop1(1) with the default assumption in COMSOL of implicit *dx*dy*dz for the integrations (or just *dx*dy for surface etc) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/05 8:18 GMT-4
Hi Mr. Ivar,

Many thanks for your quick reply.
I will apply. Have a nice day
Hi Mr. Ivar, Many thanks for your quick reply. I will apply. Have a nice day

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/23 16:21 GMT-4
Hi again,
My study subject is design of micro orifice plate flow meter, and in these dimensions Re is too low. I used Mems Module, Microfluidics- Incompressible Navier Stokes and Steady State analysis. Is there any module that defines creeping flow? Or if I used this module, is it ok?
anticipate thanks
Hi again, My study subject is design of micro orifice plate flow meter, and in these dimensions Re is too low. I used Mems Module, Microfluidics- Incompressible Navier Stokes and Steady State analysis. Is there any module that defines creeping flow? Or if I used this module, is it ok? anticipate thanks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/24 2:14 GMT-4
Hi

have you tried to index your pdf doc files of COMSOL and done a search?

I beleive there were a creep flow physics mode, but it might now have migrated into the new micro-flow module ;)
Really in 3.5 its getting to old for me to remember, I'm a luck user of a "rich" company following the maintenance flow. On the other side I find COMSOL reasonable, compared to many others FEM providers, but I should perhaps not say that here, they might want to change it ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you tried to index your pdf doc files of COMSOL and done a search? I beleive there were a creep flow physics mode, but it might now have migrated into the new micro-flow module ;) Really in 3.5 its getting to old for me to remember, I'm a luck user of a "rich" company following the maintenance flow. On the other side I find COMSOL reasonable, compared to many others FEM providers, but I should perhaps not say that here, they might want to change it ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.