Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solving Boltzman Equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am trying to develop a model for heat transport due to laser material interaction. I need to use Boltzmann Transport equation. Does anyone here have any idea if we can have user defined equations in COMSOL?
Thanks in advance for your response

2 Replies Last Post 2012/07/26 5:47 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/07/19 11:17 GMT-4
Yes, that is certainly possible. In fact, from what I hear, it's one of Comsol's greatest strengths compared to other FEM software. You may wanna search the documentation for terms such as "global equation", "PDE", and "ODE".
Yes, that is certainly possible. In fact, from what I hear, it's one of Comsol's greatest strengths compared to other FEM software. You may wanna search the documentation for terms such as "global equation", "PDE", and "ODE".

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/07/26 5:47 GMT-4
Do you have an idea how do I change the pulse width of gaussian laser beam here in comsol because that is my heat source.?

--
MKSharma
Do you have an idea how do I change the pulse width of gaussian laser beam here in comsol because that is my heat source.? -- MKSharma

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.