Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plastic deformation simulation - Wire drawing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I am a beginner so maybe my questions are basic but I hope you can help me. I am carrying out a wire drawing process in 2D-axisimetric, which is the one shown in the attached figure, basically a matrix is used through which the wire passes to reduce its diameter. I will define the matrix as a rigid body.

This are my questions:

1. What type of contact pair should apply there?

2. Since in the boundary conditions I can only apply force, but not speed, how do I set the speed of the wire travel?

3. The simulation must start with a point of contact between the wire and the die or can I start the simulation when both are separated or it is indifferent, any recommendations in this regard?

4. Any special recommendation in this type of simulation?

I will be very grateful if you take a few minutes to help me. Thank you very much in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 2022/12/07 10:37 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kimberling Sanchez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.