Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relative Permittivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am performing FE simulation on piezoelectric material. In the material properties section, relative permittivity is provided for both strain and stress charge form. Does anybody know how to transform one form to another?

Since the company has provided property table for one form, I badly need to transform to another form to perform simulation for my customized material.

Thank you for your help.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/10/24 16:19 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/10/24 13:30 GMT-4
Hi

normally you need onéy one of the two (if I'n not fully wrong) thn you choose in the physics which one to use. As with PZT there are too many conventions. even the tensors are different in order w.r.t standard "solid" :)

So from my understanding no need to translate

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally you need onéy one of the two (if I'n not fully wrong) thn you choose in the physics which one to use. As with PZT there are too many conventions. even the tensors are different in order w.r.t standard "solid" :) So from my understanding no need to translate -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/10/24 16:19 GMT-4
Dear Ivar,

Thank you for your prompt response. It is solved. I also figured out lately how to transform into stress charge form.
Dear Ivar, Thank you for your prompt response. It is solved. I also figured out lately how to transform into stress charge form.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.