How to input a no rotation constraint

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Im working on the same system I need to put a no rotation constrant on the top face of the lower flexure.

I added the image of the location of the no rotation constrant and a pdf of the system. In addtion I attach the mph file of the system.

What i did was I use a rigid connector at the location and constrant it rotation however I suspect it does not work correctly because in the first 2 mode the flexure is not bended correctly and the system was not rigid.

If there an another way to put a no rotation constrant on the solid mechanics interface that will be perfect.

Any help will be very useful.

3 Replies Last Post 2024/05/20 8:41 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 days ago 2024/05/15 6:31 GMT-4

If you just want a sliding, no-rotation constraint, you can use a Symmetry condition. There, you can also select if the boundary has a true roller condition, or is allowed to translate in the perpendicular direction.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
If you just want a sliding, no-rotation constraint, you can use a **Symmetry** condition. There, you can also select if the boundary has a true roller condition, or is allowed to translate in the perpendicular direction.

Posted: 5 days ago 2024/05/15 12:54 GMT-4
Updated: 5 days ago 2024/05/15 12:58 GMT-4

hello Henrik Sönnerlind,

Thank you very much for your response I Have a question.

For the system I don't want any sliding i just want it to be able to move in all direction (x y and z) but not able to rotated in the x y and z( the result im looking for is in this image) for the Symmetry condition does putting a free displacement work?

hello Henrik Sönnerlind, Thank you very much for your response I Have a question. For the system I don't want any sliding i just want it to be able to move in all direction (x y and z) but not able to rotated in the x y and z( the result im looking for is in this image) for the Symmetry condition does putting a free displacement work?

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 hours ago 2024/05/20 8:41 GMT-4

Using Free displacement in Symmetry will give you almost what you want. But there is still one rotation that is allowed then. The best option to constrain all three rotations is probably to use a Rigid Connector with the flexible formulation.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Using Free displacement in Symmetry will give you almost what you want. But there is still one rotation that is allowed then. The best option to constrain all three rotations is probably to use a Rigid Connector with the flexible formulation.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.