My FRF study is not showing anything

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello! Please help me, when i do a study for frequency domain, in my results- nothing is showign? it is saying pressure, discplacement etc. is all zero, i dont understand why? I have chosen the entire geometry when performing the study. And when i perform an eigenfrequency study for the same construction, i get results but not when i perform an frequency domain study.

3 Replies Last Post 2024/05/16 9:57 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024/05/12 13:37 GMT-4
Updated: 4 weeks ago 2024/05/12 13:42 GMT-4

Well, one (of many, many) causes of getting zeroes for all your computed variables is failure to specify any non-zero driving signal / source. Most physical systems simply "sit at rest" (so to speak) if there is nothing there to excite them. Eigenfrequency studies may not require you to specify an excitation, but most categories of Comsol models do.

I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that it can be reviewed by others and so the issue(s) in your particular model will be easier to identify.

Also: Can you share what you mean by FRF in your context? The internet lists: "Frequency Response Function," "Fractional radiofrequency," and "Flat Rayleigh Fading," among other possibilities.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Well, one (of many, many) causes of getting zeroes for all your computed variables is failure to specify any non-zero driving signal / source. Most physical systems simply "sit at rest" (so to speak) if there is nothing there to excite them. Eigenfrequency studies may not require you to specify an excitation, but most categories of Comsol models do. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that it can be reviewed by others and so the issue(s) in your particular model will be easier to identify. Also: Can you share what you mean by FRF in your context? The internet lists: "Frequency Response Function," "Fractional radiofrequency," and "Flat Rayleigh Fading," among other possibilities.

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 weeks ago 2024/05/13 3:20 GMT-4

As Robert says, you have probably forgotten an input node that drives the system, or forgotten to select a boundary/... in said node.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
As Robert says, you have probably forgotten an input node that drives the system, or forgotten to select a boundary/... in said node.

Posted: 3 weeks ago 2024/05/16 9:57 GMT-4

Thank you for your responses, the issue has resolved now.

Thank you for your responses, the issue has resolved now.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.