Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nodes and element labels

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can I get a mesh wich shows elements and nodes labels?

1 Reply Last Post 2010/05/12 16:20 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/05/12 16:20 GMT-4
Hi

here to I beleive you must use matlab, as normally in COMSOL (this is different from other tools, ps note that) you do not work on the mesh but on the geometry for defining your boundary conditions (BC's).
The mesh is a later "add-on" that gets its properties by inheretance depending on which analysed geometric entity it belongs to.

The node and edge labels, as well as surface/boundaries and subdomain/volume labels are "analysed geoemtry" based.

perhaps one way is to mesh and then save the mesh as a geometry, check the "mesh" menu

Good luck
Ivar
Hi here to I beleive you must use matlab, as normally in COMSOL (this is different from other tools, ps note that) you do not work on the mesh but on the geometry for defining your boundary conditions (BC's). The mesh is a later "add-on" that gets its properties by inheretance depending on which analysed geometric entity it belongs to. The node and edge labels, as well as surface/boundaries and subdomain/volume labels are "analysed geoemtry" based. perhaps one way is to mesh and then save the mesh as a geometry, check the "mesh" menu Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.