Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

coupled nonlinear odes: bvp

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

can i solve my own model of coupled nonlinear odes (bvp)

5 Replies Last Post 2013/01/29 2:45 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/06/02 7:51 GMT-4
You can solve ODE's in Comsol. In Comsol 3.5a look at the global equations under physics menu. There are very nice examples in the documentation on how to do it.
You can solve ODE's in Comsol. In Comsol 3.5a look at the global equations under physics menu. There are very nice examples in the documentation on how to do it.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/01/28 2:49 GMT-5
can i solve the attached model
can i solve the attached model

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/01/28 6:54 GMT-5
Hi

you need to reexpress your model to fit into the parameters of the standard COMSOL PDE equations. You might need to define intermediate variables and new BC for these

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to reexpress your model to fit into the parameters of the standard COMSOL PDE equations. You might need to define intermediate variables and new BC for these -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/01/29 0:26 GMT-5

Hi

you need to reexpress your model to fit into the parameters of the standard COMSOL PDE equations. You might need to define intermediate variables and new BC for these

--
Good luck
Ivar

Hi
thanks for response. Please let me know what do you mean by new bc for these equations.

khalid
[QUOTE] Hi you need to reexpress your model to fit into the parameters of the standard COMSOL PDE equations. You might need to define intermediate variables and new BC for these -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] Hi thanks for response. Please let me know what do you mean by new bc for these equations. khalid

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/01/29 2:45 GMT-5
Hi,

I don't think you need to define any intermediate variables. That is typically only necessary if you have derivatives of order higher than 2 in your equations. I would formulate this as two coupled 1D PDEs along a line from 0 to 1 with two dependent variables: n and T (using a single Coefficient Form PDE in COMSOL). The equations look quite nonlinear but should be possible to solve.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, I don't think you need to define any intermediate variables. That is typically only necessary if you have derivatives of order higher than 2 in your equations. I would formulate this as two coupled 1D PDEs along a line from 0 to 1 with two dependent variables: n and T (using a single Coefficient Form PDE in COMSOL). The equations look quite nonlinear but should be possible to solve. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.