Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Specifying material property as a function of other parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I just recently moved from COMSOL 3.5a to COMSOL 4.0a. It seems now I have to learn a new software with the massive upgrade. Anyway, I would like to specify propertyof a material i.e. conductivity as a function of E-Field. I tried something similar as I did in COMSOL 3.5a but unfortunately does not work in COMSOL 4.0a.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone here could help me to solve this problem. Thank you in advance for your respond.

Regards,
Mahsihar

1 Reply Last Post 2010/08/13 2:59 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/08/13 2:59 GMT-4
Hi

Well I do not see why it should not work, for me there is little differences, one point you can either define the dependency in the material section by creating your own, or importing an exisiting one and adapt it in the model, or in the physics section redefine some or all (then you can even forget the material dection) material properties.

You must define your functions though beforehand, but that you had to do in 3.5 too

Today in 4.0a you have everything (to a very few exceptions) of 3.5 even more

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well I do not see why it should not work, for me there is little differences, one point you can either define the dependency in the material section by creating your own, or importing an exisiting one and adapt it in the model, or in the physics section redefine some or all (then you can even forget the material dection) material properties. You must define your functions though beforehand, but that you had to do in 3.5 too Today in 4.0a you have everything (to a very few exceptions) of 3.5 even more -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.