Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calling matlab independent functions in to comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone
I have a problem which I think is a simple issue but can't find much help on it. Am using COMSOL 3.5a also have lower versions.
I have a complete functional matlab files (functions as you may call them), these functions take some inputs and workout outputs using some mathematics and programmed loops etc. It works independently with user inputs. I want to call these functions from comsol using its module say (non-isothermal flow module) by sending the input to these matlab functions. Inputs can be variables and/or constants. Inreturn I want the output of matlab functions to be used in comsol.
Could anyone briefly inform me the way to implement this in COMSOL multiphysics. I have tried searching in the help but thats more confusing than anything else. Also i have noticed COMSOL Script missing in 3.5a. I wonder if they supply it anymore?

Second problem i wana inquire is regarding using for while loops with in multiphysics? If i wana do a summation of a 2D array variable how is it possible? The first question would be can be define a 2D array like a(i,k) in comsol? where i and k are not necessarily x and y directions.

regards
Nadeem

0 Replies Last Post 2010/11/22 7:27 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nadeem Sheikh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.