Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Capacitance matrix

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I want to evaluate the capacitance of a model in V4 electrostatics.
I've read posts on using port boundary condition in V3.5, and getting the columns of capacitance matrix from the data set in post proc.
Kindly help if anyone knows how to do the same in V4.

Thanks

Rahul

4 Replies Last Post 2011/02/18 11:31 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/18 7:57 GMT-5
Hi

you can use the port or terminals in v4 the same way, at least that is my understanding

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can use the port or terminals in v4 the same way, at least that is my understanding -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/18 8:30 GMT-5
Thanks Ivar

Its given in the documentation that capacitance can be found by applying terminal BC and integrating the energy density. But when I tried the same, I couldn't get the results in the post proc data sets.
Is there anything else that needs to be done for deriving the data?
Please help.

Regards
Rahul
Thanks Ivar Its given in the documentation that capacitance can be found by applying terminal BC and integrating the energy density. But when I tried the same, I couldn't get the results in the post proc data sets. Is there anything else that needs to be done for deriving the data? Please help. Regards Rahul

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/18 8:55 GMT-5
Hi

the best is to run the examples, from the model library in COMSOL, check also the ones on the model exchange on the web site

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the best is to run the examples, from the model library in COMSOL, check also the ones on the model exchange on the web site -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/18 11:31 GMT-5
Thanks Ivar
Thanks Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.