Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Have can I introduce a function in integral form to COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I've got a interal form of PDE:

u + integral_from_0_to_u_of_{ f(u)du } = 0 , ( 0 <= u <= 1 )
have can I introduce the integral form to COMSOL?

Thanks before,
Mohammad

1 Reply Last Post 2011/04/17 3:46 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/04/17 3:46 GMT-4
Hi

normally yes, if you can define enough Boundary conditions to ensure that the solution unique.

You need a little math tweaking (i.e. see the book of Zimmermann for examples). At least one solution is evident f(u)=-1, there are perhaps other tending to that via polynomial developments too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi normally yes, if you can define enough Boundary conditions to ensure that the solution unique. You need a little math tweaking (i.e. see the book of Zimmermann for examples). At least one solution is evident f(u)=-1, there are perhaps other tending to that via polynomial developments too -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.