Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow in microchannel - Particle tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Currently, I'm working with a 625um-height microchannel simulation.
When using the Particle Tracing with mass post-processing module, I can use a minimum order of magnitud for mass of 10^-12 kg. When I attempt to use a smaller mass I cannot obtain the animation (using the player tool) of the system.

Does anybody know why is this happening? Is it a matter of computational memory or maybe the solver I'm using?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply Last Post 2011/12/29 12:40 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Urani Valencia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/12/29 12:40 GMT-5
Try 4.2a with Particle Tracing Module. Particle Tracing for Fluid. Particle tracing in earlier versions, does not give reasonable results if particle mass is 1E-12 kg etc. Particle tracing assumes that particle diameter is very small compared to channel. I also had problems. If you upload your file, I can give more feedback
Try 4.2a with Particle Tracing Module. Particle Tracing for Fluid. Particle tracing in earlier versions, does not give reasonable results if particle mass is 1E-12 kg etc. Particle tracing assumes that particle diameter is very small compared to channel. I also had problems. If you upload your file, I can give more feedback

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.