Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Plasma Simulation Tutorial

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to learn how to build a 3D plasma simulation as noone in my group is good at doing it. Its been a while (2 years) since I used COMSOL but I'm at least comfortable with making the geometry now.

The problem is setting boundary/domain conditions and where.

Almost all of the tutorials have preset geometries (Ar GEC ICP for instance) so when I follow the instructions to set a particular domain/boundary to a condition, it seems very out of context because I cannot see the individual workplanes/geometries. Its just a union.

It would greatly help to follow a step-by-step tutorial where you build a geometry (a simple ICP is fine) and add all the necessary physics, conditions and initial values to get the model to calculate Te, pressure and ion density/energies.

Is there such a webinar/tutorial?

0 Replies Last Post 2019/01/29 12:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adetokunbo Ayilaran

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.