Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

capacitance measurments

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a question about measuring capacitance (or any other values). I want to know if there is a way to m measure these quantities in a way that we use multimeter (putting one probe on one point and the other on second point and get the value)
Lets say i have two plates and a dielectric between this. How can i find out what is the capacitance between these plates (or for example current density, or..)

I know by plotting i can get the values in different points but I want to know if there is any other way to do this.

Best
Bahareh

1 Reply Last Post 2011/12/28 14:27 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/12/28 14:27 GMT-5

I know by plotting i can get the values in different points but I want to know if there is any other way to do this.

You can get the numerical values in Results-Derived Variables
[QUOTE] I know by plotting i can get the values in different points but I want to know if there is any other way to do this. [/QUOTE] You can get the numerical values in Results-Derived Variables

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.