Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Empty parameter list" error message

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am trying to introduce Thermo-Photo-Voltaic (TPV) Cell example. And have "Empty parameter list" error message.

www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/494/

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/05/15 9:59 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/05/15 9:50 GMT-4
Hi

I believe your

range(1000,2000,100)

is wrong,

for some reason COMSOl has mixed the order between the GUI range window and the order of the parameters

It's range(start, step,end) but in the GUI you enter start, stop, step ;)

I suppose COMSOl wanted it to be a test to see if we remain awake in their courses, but nobody has changed this in the GUI for several versions, so we still get it wrong, now and then ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe your range(1000,2000,100) is wrong, for some reason COMSOl has mixed the order between the GUI range window and the order of the parameters It's range(start, step,end) but in the GUI you enter start, stop, step ;) I suppose COMSOl wanted it to be a test to see if we remain awake in their courses, but nobody has changed this in the GUI for several versions, so we still get it wrong, now and then ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/05/15 9:59 GMT-4
Yes.

You are right. The problem was on Study I point 8 page 25.

start = 1000
stop = 2000
step = 100

Now it works.

Thank for your quick answer.
Yes. You are right. The problem was on Study I point 8 page 25. start = 1000 stop = 2000 step = 100 Now it works. Thank for your quick answer.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.