Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modal Frequency study with electrical circuit

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have a piezo membrane driven by a voltage source. To speed up the calculation I am trying to use the modal solver. While step 1 (stationary) and step 2 (eigenfrequency) give me satisfying results, The frequency domain solver gives me only nul results: No displacement, no electric field... It feels like nothing is being solved on the last step or that the voltage source is not taken into account.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies Last Post 2023/09/11 4:09 GMT-4
RAJA KUMAR Acoustics & Vibration

Posted: 8 months ago 2023/09/10 5:56 GMT-4

It will be better if you could share the file so that person can understand your problem. Share the file, I will look into it

-------------------
iamrajakumar@iitkgp.ac.in
iamrajakr@gmail.com
It will be better if you could share the file so that person can understand your problem. Share the file, I will look into it

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 months ago 2023/09/11 4:09 GMT-4
Updated: 8 months ago 2023/09/11 4:31 GMT-4

Modal solutions are based on a superposition of the eigenmodes of the system. When solving the eigenvalue próblem, all Dirichlet boundary conditions are set to zero. As a consequence, it is not possible to use a nonzero Dirichlet condition to excite the modal representation. There is not any nonzero term in any of the modes to be superimposed.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Modal solutions are based on a superposition of the eigenmodes of the system. When solving the eigenvalue próblem, all Dirichlet boundary conditions are set to zero. As a consequence, it is not possible to use a nonzero Dirichlet condition to excite the modal representation. There is not any nonzero term in any of the modes to be superimposed.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.