Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Natural Convection in a Box

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to get that cats eye picture of natural convection in a box. My solution converges but I dont see any streamlines.

If someone can spot a mistake that I made, it would be helpful. I am trying to change the Rayleighs number in magnitudes of 10.

I had to delete the study to make the file size small enough but I ran the study as a time-dependant with a range of (0,1,180) along with a parametric sweep of the Rayleigh number (not in this model). Currently I only have it set to a Rayleigh number of 1000.

Any help would be appreciated. I attached my file and I am using 4.3b

3 Replies Last Post 2013/08/07 1:56 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/08/02 3:20 GMT-4
Hi David,

You have used "T" as parameter for Temperature 2. You cannot use Comsol variables as parameter. Change "T" to some other letter.

Best regards

Tero
Hi David, You have used "T" as parameter for Temperature 2. You cannot use Comsol variables as parameter. Change "T" to some other letter. Best regards Tero

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/08/05 13:54 GMT-4
Tero,

Thank you that worked. I also noticed my initial values were incorrect.

I do have one more question. Is it possible to graph stream functions in COMSOL? If so how?

Thanks,
David
Tero, Thank you that worked. I also noticed my initial values were incorrect. I do have one more question. Is it possible to graph stream functions in COMSOL? If so how? Thanks, David

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/08/07 1:56 GMT-4
Hi,

What do you mean by stream functions? Do you mean graphic visualization by streamlines?

Br Tero
Hi, What do you mean by stream functions? Do you mean graphic visualization by streamlines? Br Tero

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.