Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current density x,y and z components are coming zero.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

For geometry i have three parallel plates made of copper. when i apply voltage at one end and ground on other, i get the potential distribution. but at same points when i check for the current densities x,y and z components it appears zero.

can anybody tell me why the current densities are coming zero. where as according to my calculation current densities should come about few micro amperes.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/06/13 17:18 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muhammad Ali

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/04/26 10:26 GMT-4
I have a similar problem.
I have a similar problem.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/13 17:18 GMT-4

For geometry i have three parallel plates made of copper. when i apply voltage at one end and ground on other, i get the potential distribution. but at same points when i check for the current densities x,y and z components it appears zero.

can anybody tell me why the current densities are coming zero. where as according to my calculation current densities should come about few micro amperes.

Can you send the comsol file. To calculate the current density you must provide the conductivity. If you missed to give the conductivity or set it to be zero 0. The current density is zero although you got the potential distribution.
[QUOTE] For geometry i have three parallel plates made of copper. when i apply voltage at one end and ground on other, i get the potential distribution. but at same points when i check for the current densities x,y and z components it appears zero. can anybody tell me why the current densities are coming zero. where as according to my calculation current densities should come about few micro amperes. [/QUOTE] Can you send the comsol file. To calculate the current density you must provide the conductivity. If you missed to give the conductivity or set it to be zero 0. The current density is zero although you got the potential distribution.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.