Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matrix has zero on diagonal. Last time step is not converged

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have the problem with my task (AC/DC, Quasi-static model). In more details i have the cable model putted in the air and connected to the pspice circuit. Ich have perfectly done the similar task in 2D but in 3d mode - no chance:
"Failed to find consistent initial values. Matrix has zero on diagonal. Last time step is not converged". I have tried all what i know - changed in wide range the step size; different solving methods; pspice impulse begins not from null:
"I_IN 1 0 PULSE(1 100000 1e-7 10e-6 700e-6 0.1e-6)". And i dont know what can i do more.. ill be obliged to everyone help me.

1 Reply Last Post 2010/09/02 7:01 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/09/02 7:01 GMT-4
Hello. Possible it will be interesting to someone how i managed to solve this problem. Firstly i have simplified my model (took away the roundings of the conductor or just putted ALL (not partially) model into the researching environment (air) that this roundings were surrounded fully by this environments). Also it is need to doublecheck all pairs which were created. Several of them were not took into account by the comsol due to CAD mistakes. All the best!
Hello. Possible it will be interesting to someone how i managed to solve this problem. Firstly i have simplified my model (took away the roundings of the conductor or just putted ALL (not partially) model into the researching environment (air) that this roundings were surrounded fully by this environments). Also it is need to doublecheck all pairs which were created. Several of them were not took into account by the comsol due to CAD mistakes. All the best!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.