Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Deffirent modes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL users,

I am new in comsol. I am using RF module. Could anyone please suggest me any book or documents where can I learn when to use which mode(e.g. In plane, TE, TM, HARMONIC PROPAGATION, EIGEN FREQUENCY ANALYSIS< TRANSIENT PROPAGATION...etc) And when to use IN PLANE WAVE/ PERPENDICULAR WAVE? anyone please describe the operation here if document is not available around.

1 Reply Last Post 2011/08/30 14:34 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/08/30 14:34 GMT-4
Well, the best way to get the basics in comsol (the knowledge which application mode is the best for your problem) is to read the RFmodule_ReferenceGuide.pdf, it is also very efficent to solve some already calculated problems from the RF-Module-ModelLibary.pdf

It is also helpful to search in the rf forum...

have fun comsoling :)
Well, the best way to get the basics in comsol (the knowledge which application mode is the best for your problem) is to read the RFmodule_ReferenceGuide.pdf, it is also very efficent to solve some already calculated problems from the RF-Module-ModelLibary.pdf It is also helpful to search in the rf forum... have fun comsoling :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.