Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to cut or trim a parametric curve ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to make a 3D coil using parametric curve and sweep, but I need to cut a part of my curve, I can't change it by equation, so i just need to cut a part of it. In solidworks we used to do this by trim. Any Idea how can i do the same in COMSOL.

Indeed is there any changes or difference in results, when we do 2D modelling on MEF module for coil design with 3D modelling?

Thanks in Advance

3 Replies Last Post 2012/11/22 1:00 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/05/17 12:53 GMT-4
We could use expressions like (parametric curve equation)*(x<3)*(y<2) or something similar. Please look at the reply by Ivar on the recent post ' finding a flow rate on a specified 3d cut plane'.

If it doesn;t help, post back with more details about your problem.

Good luck.
We could use expressions like (parametric curve equation)*(x

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/05/21 11:51 GMT-4
Thank you Mranal
Thank you Mranal

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/11/22 1:00 GMT-5
Hi Guys,

I am using COMSOL 4.0a and need to define a 3 D coil in it. Can you please help me, if the issue has been resolved by now.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Guys, I am using COMSOL 4.0a and need to define a 3 D coil in it. Can you please help me, if the issue has been resolved by now. Thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.